Despite what you may think there are 2x - 100x more pollutants in indoor air than outdoor air. As normal outdoor pollutants like smog, pollen, and dust make their way into the home, they join other pollutants like pet dandruff and dust mites. These pollutants then have a greater chance of staying put and accumulating over time. Luckily, Chem-Dry of Tampa has some tips and tricks to help keep you ahead and keep your home and your family healthy.
1. Use doormats or area rugs in entry ways and high traffic areas.
2. Vacuum weekly to keep carpets and rugs clean.
3. Wash all bedding regularly and consider replacing padded bed covers with more allergen resistant ones.
4. Bathe and Groom pets regularly.
5. Replace furnace fillers on time.
6. Keep windows and doors closed to shut out pollen, smog, and dust.
7. Have carpet cleaned every three to four months by a trained professional. When you do, remember that Chem-Dry of Tampa utilizes products and processes that remove 98% of allergens from carpet and upholstery and 89% of airborne bacteria, which only improves indoor air quality.